Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Maytag Dishwasher - too much water sitting in dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_jranderson_*

Lurker_jranderson_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:02 AM

We just installed this dishwasher Maytag model MDC5100AWW. It's at least 5 years old. Everthing seems fine, the water is draining throughout cycles, but when we open the door there's a couple inches of water sitting in the dishwasher, and it's cloudy dirty water leaving our dishes with a salty film. I know a little water should sit at the bottom, but this is way too much. There is no leaking involved. Could this have anything to do with possibly being unlevel?

Thanks,
Julie

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,801 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

Might have a restricted drain hose that's slowing down the pumpout discharge rate. Run the dishwasher and let it go through the first fill wash drain cycle. Open it up toward the end of the drain cycle andf check the water level. Also, check the discharge stream during pumpout and make sure it's full and strong, not a flaccid leetle girly-man trickle.

#3 does_what_he_can

does_what_he_can

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:05 PM

could be the a slow drain leaving water in unit because the drain times out before it is complete. it can also be the drain is run too low and the house drain is too slow causing the water to back up into dishwasher. could be ineffective pump on dishwasher too but it does not sound like it.

#4 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

The model you posted is a portable unit. Did you install it under the counter with the kit for it (comes with new valve and hard plastic drain line)? If you used 1/2" rubber heater hose for the installation, it could very well be kinked. This is a reversing motor, does not have a little electrical pump draining it. Inspect the drain hose for kinks, it also should be emptying into a proper drain, one that allows gravity to pull water away from the end of the hose, not forcing the pump to drain further then it has too. Original equipment would of been a 6-7' plastic hose that restricts kinking and instructions to loop it up high to prevent siphoning. The unit was not designed to drain much further then the factory hose.        
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics