Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Hotpoint dishwasher: inconsistent filling

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pico

pico

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:22 AM

Hi, I've got a Hotpoint dishwasher (HDA2220Z05BB) that is not filling up with enough water. It's not consistent. Sometimes a cycle wont fill at all. Other times there will be some water, but usually about half of what it should be. I've pulled off the float switch assembly as well as the inlet valve. The switch tests good and inlet valve screen is not clogged up. The other clue that I have is that when I hear the solenoid close the flap after a drain cycle, I can force the fill to start by applying backwards pressure on the control knob. Sometimes it stops as soon as I release the knob, other times it will continue on it's own.

Is my timer assembly bad or is it more likely to be the inlet valve? Any thoughts?

My next check was going to be hooking the valve back up to the water source and then measure the water output when I applied 120v directly to the inlet valve.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:54 PM

First,  you are going to damage your timer by putting back pressure on the knob.   Your dishwasher is time fill, how much water enters in that time depends on the fill valve and water pressure to the valve.  I would suspect you have a fill valve that is going bad, but to be sure see if there is voltage to the valve during the fill cycle.  If voltage is present you know the valve is going bad.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics