Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
gary

GE Range JBP26W0B1WW, wiring question

3 posts in this topic

Just picked up a used stove and it has a four-wire cord, but my house has an older three position receptacle.  Just wanted to run this by the board to make sure my plan is sound.  The black and red wires will attach in the same place, the ground will be connected to the center position, and I will run a strap or short wire from the center position to the frame.  Correct?

post-1613-129045103698_thumb.jpg

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

That is correct, except a 3wire range cord won't have colored wires, it will be flat with 3 wires across and molded together.

Either outside wire to outside black and red terminals and center wire to ground/neutral with the addition of the grounding strap from center neutral to frame ground.

Thank you for confirming my plan.

Gary