Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

foogoo

Magic Chef Gas Range 34JA-3TKXW

6 posts in this topic

Small meaning roughly the "simmer" setting despite the control knob being on "high". I've already tried cleaning the flame ports on the burner to no avail. Any suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What's the history of this range ?

Has it always acted this way ?

Has it ever been converted to LP ?

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:

What's the history of this range ?

Has it always acted this way ?

Has it ever been converted to LP ?

-Not much history other than it's old, approaching 20 years. Saw moderate use throughout it's life.

-Started with two burners, then three, and now all four produce only small flames.

-Never.

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can offer!

Most likely a very simple repair.

Remove all four burner caps and then with a sewing needle, clean all the gas orifaces out.  This style of burner over the years will accumulate a buildup of gookus in the port of the oriface making it smaller, hince the small flame and sometimes can't get the burners to light with the electronic ignition becuase gas volume has been cut down so much.

Just don't drop the needle all the way down into the oriface and gas line were you can't retrieve it.

[user=36]Budget Appliance Repair[/user] wrote:

Most likely a very simple repair.

Remove all four burner caps and then with a sewing needle, clean all the gas orifaces out.  This style of burner over the years will accumulate a buildup of gookus in the port of the oriface making it smaller, hince the small flame and sometimes can't get the burners to light with the electronic ignition becuase gas volume has been cut down so much.

Just don't drop the needle all the way down into the oriface and gas line were you can't retrieve it.

That's what I already tried. I removed the burner tops and all the holes appear wide open and unclogged. Could there be buildup somewhere else down the line? Thanks.

You say you removed the burner caps and looked at the orifaces and they APPEARED wide open and unclogged.

How do you  know how they should appear if you've never seen or done this before????

The build up of oxidation or whatever it is that builds up is almost undistingishable from the actual oriface and unless you actually probe the oriface you don't know if in fact there is buildup or not.

Not likely to be any build up further down the lines.

Have you actually done what I said to do or just looked and think they are ok?