Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Wirlpool Evenheat Board

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lurker_BrokenArrow_*

Lurker_BrokenArrow_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:48 AM

Had to change out an even heat board on a Kenmore/Wirlpool dryer. Start button had to be continually press in order for the dryer drum to spin, and not heating. Opened control panel, found microcomputer burnt, along with a capacitor. I don't remember the model number other than it started with 110. I have a picture below to look at. Mabey it will help someone recognize the board. Thank you, Brokenarrow.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:06 PM

They changed the part number on the even heat boards cause whirlpool was having lots of problems with them ......   The 2 most common with the whirlpool sears models are   3978955   that model will have indicator lights at top and the part changes over to a  8546223  

The other model # has no idicator lights at the top and uses the 3978954   that crosses over to a 8546229.....  I have done a ton of these as they seem to be more common   also   becareful before ya rush to change the even heat board   always check the relays and see that you have about 34 volts DC to the small wires  and then tag a Nuetral and check for 120v on both sides of the relay ....  alot of times the relay will get ya......   As far as why the boards were bad   probably cause the lowest bidder makes the piece of crap board.... but the new boards seem better....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics