Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool LER4634JT0 IS NOT HEATING UP ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 miles2home

miles2home

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:29 AM

HI GUYS

I wonder if anyone can help me to sort the Whirlpool dryer .  dryer wont dry the clothes . seems like its not heating up . i just like to be sure wich part to order .

miles2home@yahoo.co.uk . hope to hear fro you guys

thanks

sam

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:57 AM

Not heating or long dry time??  See if there is heat from the dryer exhaust with the vent hose removed, if so your vent is blocked.  If no heat you will need to see what part has failed, could be a popped breaker in your breaker box, wire burnt off of the terminal block where the cord attaches, timer burnt contacts, bad heat selector switch, bad motor switch 1-2, dead cycling thermostat, bad  safety thermostat, dead fuse on the canister, broken heating element, burnt wires in the heat circuit.  You have to help us help you, we cannot just tell you what part to replace, you have to check and see what part has failed.  Need to get your volt meter and ohm meter out and see what has failed.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:59 AM

Check the white thermal fuse in the dryer first its the most common   if the lint filter is is the door  you must remove the front panel and the blower housing (remove the lint filter first) check for continuity across the fuse if its not there replace it part # 3390719    ... If the filter is on top the thermal is the back       pt #  3390721      dont check these parts if you have some heat   check   the vent first   ......

#4 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:16 PM

Electric dryer with lint filter in top. Thermal fuse is in back, but generally kills the whole dryer on these if it fails. Before getting any tools out, check the circuit breakers for your 220V supply.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:24 PM

The thermofuse on the vent housing kills the whole dryer in the electric dryers, just kills the heat in the gas dryers, so will not apply in this model.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:40 PM

oops  Forgot   we are mainly gas up here ....  

#7 jahjahbinks

jahjahbinks

idoit / voyer/ anarcist

• PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:ABSOLUT & GREEN TEA

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:37 AM

check the hi limit located on the burner / element shoot make sure that it is closed make sure the element is not broken and my favorite make sure the selector is not set to air dry?
SHE WHO HAS THE MONEY GETS HIS APPLIANCES REPAIRED

Currently serving EVERYTHING

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics