Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

rmangat

Amana fridge

3 posts in this topic

I have a customer with a fridge that is not cooling.The lower freezer works fun but the upper refrigerator does not cool.

Frost pattern-OK,Evaporator Fan-OK,Compressor-OK,Condenser Fan-Ok,door seals-Ok,

I noticed their is no air coming up the back vent to the refrigerator but the cold control vent is fully open so i'm guessing the thermocouple is okay.

Any ideas?????????

Model #BB120TE

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If the damper is open and nothing coming threw then there are 2 possibilities... Something could be blocking the damper vent... Or, and I have seen this in a new refrigerator, but it is HIGHLY doubtful, the evaperator fan blowing in the wrong direction.

Actually, I have seen it a couple times... Once in a new refrigerator and twice when a customer had another company come out and they replaced the evaperator fan with a universal fan, the wrong one...

These have known issues with the return air from the food compartment to the freezer blocked with ice, check this return air vent.  They are not closing the doors all of the way somethimes causing this ice build up.