Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
kyelzbub

Help, freezer turning to ice block

6 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool upright freezer and it is collecting frost and growing into an ice block overnight. I had this problem last year, and thought it might be a gasket issue, so I put some weather stripping around the freezer face, just a bit outside of the door's width when closed. This acted as an exterior gasket and fixed the issue. Well, it has started again. When ever I open the freezer, everything is frozen, but at the top of the door frame, there are always water droplets hanging that are not frozen. Is this a sure sign of something specific, and is there a fix?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like you might need to replace the door gasket.

The door gasket looks as though it is actually anchored behind the door panel. Does it sound correct that I would have to unscrew the door panel from the inside, and set the gasket underneath the inside door panel or am I totally off here?

We havn't a clue without the model number to see what you have.

Thank you Samurai, this should be all the information I need to fix my freezer. You are definitely the Master.