Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
DScott

GE Oven Intermitant Failure

6 posts in this topic

Three years of intermitant oven failure, Xcel energy has corrected low (110v back to 120v)  Minnegasco verified 6 pounds pressure at range intake. Several service calls from GE to replace the oven temp sensor, glow bar, thermo couple, igniter and various modules, pilot assy cleaned along with adjustments.

Is this brand of oven just crap?  Is it time to get a replacement oven from GE? Or?

Sincerely, fed up,

Dave

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Not G.E., how about a nice Whirlpool range.  :)

The GE oven  was our choice for a  former  Whirlpool Model # SF387PEYQ4.  Oven would never operate at at true 350 degrees, after  Self Cleaning feature was used. 

The first thing the tech said was NEVER use the self cleaning feature.  The oven(S) were not desinged for this high of heat .  Also, after using the self cleaning feature, the whole top of the oven was scorched a dirty looking yellow.

Dave

G.E makes a very dependable range  from what i have read you are using propane ?  sorry it appears to me that you have a natural gas unit   i see where you have had service on this unit but it makes no esnse / get your fuel supplier to check your unit . 

If my fuel supplier isn't delivering 6 pounds pressure at the intake per the technical staff at GE the oven won't work.

Dave