Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Ignorant Grasshopper

Magic Chef washing machine w/ cycle issues

7 posts in this topic

My sister has a Magic Chef washer that does not always spin on the spin cycle.  Also, the dial on the timer does not seem to quite match what the current cycle is doing.  I opened the front cover &  the solenoid does engage about a half the time when I run the cycle over & over.  Could this be a timer control issue or is this a solenoid issue?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This is one of the older models with the brake solenoid which makes an almighty "clunk"! What you're going to have to do is check if the solenoid is getting voltage when it is supposed to.

Thanks for your reply.  How do I do that?

Fear not, for our illustrious leader has provided a guide to this very topic here.

Thanks I'll try that.  If it turns out it is not getting voltage at the right time, is that a timer or solenoid issue?

No voltage - probably a timer issue, but can't say without seeing a wiring diagram. There should be one either stuck to the machine or possibly inside the console - post it here if you can.

I will need to go to my sister's house to run these diagnostics, it may take a day or two.  I will post a new topic if I can't get it resolved.  Thanks so much great Master Samurai Mad Mac.