Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Magic Chef washing machine w/ cycle issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ignorant Grasshopper

Ignorant Grasshopper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:49 AM

My sister has a Magic Chef washer that does not always spin on the spin cycle.  Also, the dial on the timer does not seem to quite match what the current cycle is doing.  I opened the front cover &  the solenoid does engage about a half the time when I run the cycle over & over.  Could this be a timer control issue or is this a solenoid issue?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:01 AM

This is one of the older models with the brake solenoid which makes an almighty "clunk"! What you're going to have to do is check if the solenoid is getting voltage when it is supposed to.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 Ignorant Grasshopper

Ignorant Grasshopper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for your reply.  How do I do that?

#4 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:17 AM

Fear not, for our illustrious leader has provided a guide to this very topic here.

#5 Ignorant Grasshopper

Ignorant Grasshopper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:28 AM

Thanks I'll try that.  If it turns out it is not getting voltage at the right time, is that a timer or solenoid issue?

#6 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:10 AM

No voltage - probably a timer issue, but can't say without seeing a wiring diagram. There should be one either stuck to the machine or possibly inside the console - post it here if you can.

#7 Ignorant Grasshopper

Ignorant Grasshopper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:14 AM

I will need to go to my sister's house to run these diagnostics, it may take a day or two.  I will post a new topic if I can't get it resolved.  Thanks so much great Master Samurai Mad Mac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics