Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Refrigerator #et18tkxdn01 bad door gasket

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mmickid1965

mmickid1965

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:49 PM

Hopefully someone can help me. I know I need to replace my door gasket but I am having a hard time doing so. The directions for replacing the gasket calls for the removal of screws holding the gasket in place. My problem is that on this model there are no screws! I can't figure out how to get the gasket off. It is secured in place by the inside door panel, and I can't find any way to remove it. Please help!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

You may have what is called a FIP (Foamed in Place) door. If so, When you get the new seal it will have instructions with it.

Basically you need to cut it off in one spot, then carefully peel the gasket out. You must be carefull not to cause the liner to pull away from the door, or your new seal will not be help in place. When you remove the old seal, the now empty groove between the liner and door, is wwhere you will be inserting the lip on the new seal.

Hope this helps, it's easy to show, but hard to describe.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:02 PM

should be "held in place"
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#4 mmickid1965

mmickid1965

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:36 PM

Thanks, my hubby is going to try and fix it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics