Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

KVacek

How do I open the pump on KitchenAid Superba DW

10 posts in this topic

Need to check the pump on my KitchenAid KUDS01IJBL Dishwasher (about 3 years old).  It fills and pumps out but doesn't pump any water on the wash cycle.  After removing the 3 Torx screws I'm stumped.  The filter at the top of the pump assembly looks like it should turn a bit and come right off, but it refuses to budge.  The plastic tube to the upper spray arms might be holding it, but I can't see how to remove that either.  The "mini-manual" under the toe kick got lost when some unmentionable person tucked it away, and it's not on the KitchenAid website, so I have no guidance at all.

Thanks in advance !  Karl

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This is the tech sheet if there is a 1 at the end of the model number.

This one if if thre is a   0  at the end...

Thank you !!  That looks like the one.

Karl

You are quite welcome if you can get it big enough to actually read it!!   Do it in sections.  lol

Just testing it now.  There was a piece of dish stuck in the chopper - I removed it and all seemed OK.  But the pump is still just humming so I guess there's something else jammed in there.

Suggestions ?

Thanks!  Karl

Just a follow up question about the servicematters site referral. Is there a site like this for GE or Maytag appliances?

Thanks for the information !!  I'll drag it out and order a new one.  Great site !!

Thanks again !  Karl

Jason43, don't we all wish!!!!   :(

Thanks for the response Pegi. Just another small reason to buy Whirlpool prouducts.