Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune MLE2000AYW - Won't stay on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 unwashed

unwashed

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:10 AM

I have a Neptune washer/dryer stacked combo and this problem just started yesterday.  No matter which wash cycle or which portion of any cycle, the unit will act accordingly (fill, spin, drain, etc) but only for a few moments then shuts off.  Any ideas?  Controller board?

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:28 PM

Got to be honest with ya on this one ..... There are so many damn problems with that unit you may want to just jump off a bridge.......   from the control with a burnt R -11 resistor  and a need for a wax motor on the door lock ....  to a damn mold problem and a new boot and controller  ....... to the the motor and the new motor controller.... Gotta be honest   ....... ya have to send someone to look at that and see when the problem occurs ..... Honestly   dont expect much out of your Maytag unless you expect it to be broken ............ The reason the maytag guy  doesn't work .....    is cause that fat bastard died with a heart attack when they made the nepute you own  ...   sorry to scare ya   but thats the way it is......Call someone in    parts are thru the roof on that    also look    Maytag is going thru some  shall I say  some law suits on that stuff  ,,,, Best   wishes

#3 unwashed

unwashed

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:05 AM

One additional piece of info.  The "on" light works, but the door locked light never comes on.  Door lock mechanism?

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:24 AM

Very high probablity that you have a wax motor(door lock actuator) that has shorted and most likely took out the machine control board also.

The wax motor should have a resistance of 1200-1900 ohms. If it reads around 800-900ohms it will take out control board again even if it still works.

(I just recently worked on one of these Neptune washers, actually first one I every worked on and found the r11 resistor on machine control board burnt - this is the door lock cicuit. I ohmed the wax motor and got a reading of 877ohms which at the time I didn't know what it should be so I plugged the wax motor in with a test cord and it let out a loud pop and spark, which then I say this is not good and did some research).

Here's a site that might be of guidance to start fixing your Neptune machine. CLICK HERE

You may have more damage or some other problems like maybe a bad motor control board also. The one I worked on did everything but high speed spin so I was able to press the door lock switch and test all functions. The fact that you machine won't do anything except turn on the "ON" light I suspect you may have a bad motor control board also.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics