Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
unspun

Whirlpool LA2000XPW1 Washer

7 posts in this topic

My washer will not spin all other functions work. Transmission seems to engage as the noise I hear in the spin cycle. Model is LA5000XPW1 not 2000 as I have in the topic

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Would suppose the coupler between the motor and transmission is broken.  This link will show you how to access this to check it.

No. I have motor removed. The connector is worn but intact.

Standard Whirlpool direct drive model. Some possible causes: stripped out drive block, worn clutch, transmission not shifting out of neutral (either timer or mechanical problem). First step is to run it in spin with the lid open, you'll find a little hole at about 3 o'clock as you look down on the tub. Put a pencil or small screwdriver in there to foll the machine into thinking the lid's closed. Check it out and report back.

Before I disassembled the machine I tried starting in the spin cycle.  I heard noise louder than normal when it would go into spin, but the tub didn't spin.  My wife said that the clothes near the top were not as wet as the ones at the bottom of the tub

Probably a stripped drive block under the spin basket....

the basket drive clutch lock is broken / replace the basket drive