Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile Washing Machine WCSE4160B1WW

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 billyjoe46

billyjoe46

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:31 PM

I am replacing my "clutch-type" motor with the recommended newer "clutch-less" motor configuration.

The newer clutch-less motor uses a different wiring harness with a capacitor and a relay. I bought the clutch-less motor used and it came with a partial harness and the capacitor.  I bought the relay separately.   None of the individual parts came with a wiring diagram.

The washer itself came with a wiring diagram for the old "clutch-type" motor (175D2750G196) but that motor did not have a capacitor or relay so that diagram is insufficient now.

Can anyone tell me how or where I can get a wiring diagram/schematic showing how I connect the Clutch-less Motor, Capacitor, and Relay together and to the Washing Machine?

The Washer Model Number, Motor Numbers, and Part Numbers are as follows:

GE Washer Model: WCSE4160B1WW

Original Clutch-type Motor: 5KH61KW2516HS eg WH20X10009
- this motor had a rectangular connector block and hooked to the Washing Machine with 6 wires without Capacitor or Relay

Replacement Clutch-less Motor Assembly: WH49X10035
* Motor: 5KCP160FFA001AS eg WH20X10019
* Wiring Harness: WH49X10030
* Capacitor: WH12X10212
* Relay: WH12X10213
- this motor has a 9 slot square connector block and uses 7 wires to connect to the Washing Machine, Capacitor and Relay.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ROBBYRIG

ROBBYRIG

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:37 PM

Those kits usually come with instruction sheets.  I'll look in the back and see if I can come up with one. 

#3 billyjoe46

billyjoe46

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

Sure hope you can find them - many thanks for your help!!

#4 billyjoe46

billyjoe46

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:00 PM

After numerous searches and iterations, I believe this to be the solution, but still looking for someone to confirm this with an actual wiring diagram??

Relay:
1 Yellow to Capacitor (either terminal), Yellow to Motor
2 Black to Motor
3 Red to Motor, Red to Washer
4 Violet-White to Motor, Violet-White to Washer
5 White to Motor, White to Relay #7
6 Blue to Washer
7 White to Washer, White to Relay #5
8 Blue to Motor

Plug Wires from Motor:
* White-Red to Washer
* Yellow to Relay #1
* Violet-White to Relay #4
* Black to Relay # 2
* White to Relay # 5
* Blue to Relay # 8
* Red to Relay #3
* Grounding Screw Green-Yellow to Washer

Washer:
* White-Red to Motor
* Yellow to Capacitor (other terminal)
* Violet-White to Relay # 4
* White to Relay # 7
* Blue to Relay # 6
* Red to Relay #3

Above is for Relay Terminals which are numbered as follows looking at the bottom with the coil side near you and the copper contacts side away from you:
4 -- -- 8
3 -- -- 7
2 -- -- 6
1 ! ! 5

#5 billyjoe46

billyjoe46

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:23 PM

I wired it up today and the washer ran great!!  :D

#6 ROBBYRIG

ROBBYRIG

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

Good job.  Sorry I couldn't come up with that info for you. 

#7 Lurker__*

Lurker__*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:20 AM

I read this thread and kept thinking its as simple as color to color but couldn't remember so I didn't post ...:)

#8 mehoss

mehoss

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

Here is a home made schematic for the wiring harness WH49X10030 complete with part numbers and values.  You can make your own and save the $50-80 and just buy the motor.  Remember to keep the Green/Yellow ground wire in-tact.

I had one of these where the low speed was jerky.  The voltage reading fluctuates as if the control board is defective, so you must disconnect the motor and check the voltage that way.  I torn down the motor for a port-mortum investigation and found that a portion of the low-speed coil was not glued securely and was touching the cooling fins intermittantly as they passed by, this shorted the coil to ground and melted the centripetal switch parts and burned the low-speed contacts too.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics