Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

amana refrigerator won't cool properly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cliffy53

cliffy53

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:48 AM

recently bought a used amana model SXD25AL as a spare to put out in the garage for extra drinks and such. Initially , would not cool properly- checked out coil- very filty- cleaned out put box back in service and for 2 days,it was working great- Freezer temp was -5* food temp was 36*. Yesterday, put on a new door gasket to replace bad one and now unit will not cool at all in the food side.Damper is open for air to come into the food section, but there does not seem to be much coming through. Freezer side is still getting cold. Also,can not get it to cycle on and off the defrost mode by pushing in on the door light 5 times in 6 sec . I tested this 2 days ago and it worked as I had read on this forum. I am stumped as to what happened when I changed the door gasket to make the unit stop performing. Please advise- the beer is getting hotter by the minute. Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 tonypol09

tonypol09

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 05:35 AM

you may have a defrost problem. You need to unload youre freezer of all food and take panel off to expose youre evaporator coils. After running youre frig for several days you would see a gradual decrease in frig temps and freezer temps. This is usually a defrost problem that can be corrected with little expense$$.   Youre coils well have a buildup of ice on them.  Defrost these with a blow dryer(make sure you unplug frig of course) then you would need to determine if youre heaters are bad. You will  find youre heater once you have defrosted coils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics