Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore dishwasher leaks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bkanter

bkanter

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:53 AM

Hi, great forum,

My Kenmore DIshwasher leaks from the front left side (as I look at it). This does not happen on every load and it only comes out a little during the wash cycle but leaks mostly (a lot) during the rinse cycle. When I opened up the door it seemed as if there was to much water in the tub. After dooing some online research I put a level into the unit and it was level.

I do not see any cracks in the gasket.

Is it possible that the Float Bulb (more online research here) is clogged or not working to shut off the water inlet valve. I say this because the bulb was crusty with sediment and I cleaned it as best I could and it seemed to work and not leak for a few times. Is there a way to remove this and clean it out?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,363 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

[user=2321]bkanter[/user] wrote:

Any other suggestions?

I suggest you read this and then post your model number. 

#3 bkanter

bkanter

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:45 PM

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.

i did post my model number in the form above. I thought that was where I was supposed to put it,

Sorry.

My Kenmore Dishwasher model # is KUDS24SEBL1

Thanks,

Bill

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:09 PM

Before you replace anything....

Remove the bottom rack and spray arm. There are several screws on the top of the pump housing. If they get loose(and they do) they will allow a jet of high pressure water to cause a wave in the tub that will push water out the front lip of the tub. There is also a seal under that cover with the screws. If the screws are not tight, remove them, check the seal, and put it back together tight. If the seal is messed up, you need to repace it.

Nick
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#5 bkanter

bkanter

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:19 PM

Hi Nick,

Thanks so much for responding.

I can't remove the screws (there are many of them) under the spray arm. It looks like I need a special screwdriver.

But I may have found the problem. There is a thick mesh screen (this may be what you are calling the seal) under and outside the pump housing. We have another dishwasher (same make and model) and in that one (which is less frequently used) you can see through the screen to the bottom. On the one that leaks you can't see into it at all. its all clogged up with a kind of white chauky sediment (which sometimes gets into the jets also). Is it possible that water is not going through that filter and is backing up? If that is the problem, is it possible to replace it myself?

Thanks,

Bill

#6 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:39 PM

you need a Torx screwdriver set to remove those screws.

Try putting about a pint of vinagar in the machine, start it up in wash and let it wash with no dishes.

See if that removes the build up. Do it a few times if it's starting to work.

If it was mine, I would try CLR, but I can't say for sure it won't ruin any parts

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#7 bkanter

bkanter

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:44 PM

thanks so much,

I will try this and see if it works

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics