Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Thermador s301tw oven door hinge removal / replacement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unhinged

unhinged

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:25 AM

My 5 year old decided that over extending the oven door was fun. Now it will not close. I have the replacement parts (414511) and the door is off and disasembled but the hinge is under tension from the spring and I am unable to remove it. Ok so whats the trick?

Unhinged

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:29 PM

Hello, my tense friend.  I seem to recall that some of these models have a hole in the hinge in which you must place a pin to hold the hinge in a 30 degree position.  But this was many hookas and poppies ago, everything is so very foggy... I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Allahu Akbar!

#3 unhinged

unhinged

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:37 AM

Darn Hookas and Poppies.  I believe this hinge was designed by people under its spell or a conspiricy to drive their oven owners into it.  If this is what happend to you please do not look at the enclosed picture of this hellish hinge.  It just might cause a relapse.Oh, couldn't help looking.  Well....   Any less foggy suggestions?  Like maybe manuals, diagrams schmatics or urges for drug rehab?Posted Image

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,642 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:47 PM

You have the door off and you'll also need to pull the wall oven out enough to access the hinge panels on the sides. Usually, you don't need to pull the wall oven all the way out. But if there are no little hinge panels on the sides, you'll need to take the wall oven all the way out so you can remove the entire side panel. Ugh!

#5 unhinged

unhinged

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:25 PM

Ah master... From your words of wisdom, I will save myself from the dreaded wall oven removal by just committing suboko right now.  Any chance of saving myself from such a fate if I tell you that the hinges are located in oven door?  Besides, I fear, that kneeling in front of my oven with my dull and rusty blade, scratching the hell out of my stomach will achieve nothing except making my wife snicker.  Unhinged

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics