Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
unhinged

Thermador s301tw oven door hinge removal / replacement

5 posts in this topic

My 5 year old decided that over extending the oven door was fun. Now it will not close. I have the replacement parts (414511) and the door is off and disasembled but the hinge is under tension from the spring and I am unable to remove it. Ok so whats the trick?

Unhinged

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my tense friend.  I seem to recall that some of these models have a hole in the hinge in which you must place a pin to hold the hinge in a 30 degree position.  But this was many hookas and poppies ago, everything is so very foggy... I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Darn Hookas and Poppies.  I believe this hinge was designed by people under its spell or a conspiricy to drive their oven owners into it.  If this is what happend to you please do not look at the enclosed picture of this hellish hinge.  It just might cause a relapse.Oh, couldn't help looking.  Well....   Any less foggy suggestions?  Like maybe manuals, diagrams schmatics or urges for drug rehab?00051717.jpg

You have the door off and you'll also need to pull the wall oven out enough to access the hinge panels on the sides. Usually, you don't need to pull the wall oven all the way out. But if there are no little hinge panels on the sides, you'll need to take the wall oven all the way out so you can remove the entire side panel. Ugh!

Ah master... From your words of wisdom, I will save myself from the dreaded wall oven removal by just committing suboko right now.  Any chance of saving myself from such a fate if I tell you that the hinges are located in oven door?  Besides, I fear, that kneeling in front of my oven with my dull and rusty blade, scratching the hell out of my stomach will achieve nothing except making my wife snicker.  Unhinged