Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidair Washer disasembly.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Trky

Trky

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:03 PM

How do I take the top off of a frigidair washer? I took the back anchor things out so the back will tilt up but in the front are two clips that I cant seem to get off, or to unclip?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:04 PM

What kind of Friggidaire? Top load, fromt load, stack? Find your model number (should be on a sticker somewhere easily seen), then we can help.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 Trky

Trky

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

Its a top load. Model number is FWS747RFS

#4 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

Hello, my topless friend.  To remove the top panel, you must first remove the front panel.  Get on your knees in front of the washer, as though you are begging Allah to spare your wretched infidel life, and you will see two screws in the front.  Remove those and the front panel drops down and pulls out.  And may Allah have mercy on your soul. 

Allahu Akbar!

#5 Trky

Trky

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:21 PM

Huh... I took those screws off erlier... I just couldnt figure out how to take the front off. Lol. Thanks :) Im going to try that now.

#6 Trky

Trky

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:23 PM

That didnt come off as easily as you said it would... do you ahve the same washer?

#7 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:26 PM

Hello again, my uneasy friend.  I do not know if I have the same washer as you since you did not post a valid model number. 

Allahu Akbar!

#8 Trky

Trky

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:34 PM

Here is a pic.

Attached Files

#9 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:38 PM

go get a stiff putty knife

then looking at the front panel along the top edge. there are the two clips between the top and front. push your putty knife strait in from the fron to unlock them.

then you can pull the panel down and off

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics