Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

My dryer is taking too long to dry.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shylexx

shylexx

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:32 AM

I have a roper electric dryer model# REX4634KQ0 that is taking too long to dry. I read that sometimes the heating element burns out but can still heat up enough to glow red but not hot enough to dry the clothes. Is this true? I also checked the thermostats and only one of them gave me a low reading. How do you check the heating element properly because it does heat up but I am only eye balling it. Also is there any other possible solutions besides cleaning the vents. Thanks for your help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:35 AM

test the dryer with the vent off  let it run for about 5 minutes   If the dryer is nice and hot inside   you have a bad vent plain and simple      roper elements arent known to half way work.....   so if ya have it most likely ya have a bad vent      check that first !!!

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:29 PM

The element is good or not, no in between.  Heats or does not if broken.  The air is blocked from the dryer to the outside.  Clear the restriction from the dryer to the outside before you burn your dryer up and have more problems.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics