Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Krootsie

Kenmore Dryer will not heat in drum

29 posts in this topic

Check the white plastic thermofuse on the back of your dryer, this will open if the air flow from the dryer is to high, could be your vent is blocked to the outside of this is open or your cycling thermostat next to it is defective..reference #39 on this breakdown...unplug the dryer, remove the back panel and it will be there on the vent housing on the left side...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thank you -- I was able to find the Thermal fuse today and replace it.  I tested the old one and it was open.  I also replaced the thermostat part 41. I read in one book that it could lead to blowing the fuse.  The old thermostat did have the same resistance as the old one, so it may not be bad at all.  The dryer now has heat, I wasn't looking forward to taking the clothes to the laundrymat to dry on Christmas Eve.

Sorry the old thermostat had the same resistance as the new one. But I replaced it anyway.  Thank you once again.

Thanks for letting us know, is best to replace both...save the old thermostat in case you might need it at a later time....;)