Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

scooter33142

KitchenAid water dispenser

4 posts in this topic

I have a KitchenAid side-by-side refrigerator model KSBS20Q.  It is a counter depth unit bought in 1999.  For over a year the icemaker and water dispenser were not used.  We are now using the ice maker with no problem, but water dispensed through the door smells musty, unpleasant.  Is there a reservoir or something I could clean with bleach?  Where is it located?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Scooter,   Why don't you put a inline filter in on the back  and see if that helps.  The reservoir is located on the refrigerator side behind the bottom drawers...Ron

I am using a charcoal filter. That helps the cubes a lot, but I think that leaving water standing in the reservoir, undisturbed for over a year, must might have grown mildew or something.  I thought that removing and cleaning it with bleach might get rid of the taste.  Is the reservoir easily removable?

Also try flushing out Gallons of water  over the next few days to make sure that ya clear everything out in the reservoir