Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dj125

Kenmore washer: Electrical question

7 posts in this topic

I have just re-installed the tranny on my washer and think I put the wires to the "wig-wag" back correctly.  Before I fire her up, could someone please verify I have it right.  As I look at the washer through the service access area on the lower back (as the washer lies on it's front) the wires are as follows from left to right:  double white, single white, yellow, red.

Is this correct?

thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

From left to right from the rear, red, wite, white, yellow..  Double white either side as it just jumps to the other coil.

man..... worked on millions of these    ..... i hope im right   ....    I believe from the back   the yellow is on the right   and   the red is left .......so from the front  staring at the machine..... yellow  left   ..... red right .... I need the backup on this  .......    it's like a trick question  LOL.... someone help me  LOL 

pegi beat me   lol

My photographic memory rarely fails me, even tho I am at home I can see the page in the Whirlpool book from 20 years ago and also see the back of the washers that were in our shop,  lined up all in a row, waiting for us to bring them back to life replacing trannys and control magnets, motors and tub grommets  Pumps and snubber pads.  If I had a $ for every time I had to tell my employees where the wires went after I told them the week before I could retire....LOL 

LOL thats the best      .... I tell ya those belt drive are really outta mind now .... and to be honest since the direct drive Im happy  .....  

Seriously if I was in the market for a used washer it would be a most recent available Whirlpool belt drive that had been all gone thru, it would still out last a DirectDrive - only problem in 10-20years when it did really start breaking down again there probably would be hardly any chance of finding parts.