Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore washer: Electrical question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dj125

dj125

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:26 PM

I have just re-installed the tranny on my washer and think I put the wires to the "wig-wag" back correctly.  Before I fire her up, could someone please verify I have it right.  As I look at the washer through the service access area on the lower back (as the washer lies on it's front) the wires are as follows from left to right:  double white, single white, yellow, red.

Is this correct?

thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:38 PM

From left to right from the rear, red, wite, white, yellow..  Double white either side as it just jumps to the other coil.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:39 PM

man..... worked on millions of these    ..... i hope im right   ....    I believe from the back   the yellow is on the right   and   the red is left .......so from the front  staring at the machine..... yellow  left   ..... red right .... I need the backup on this  .......    it's like a trick question  LOL.... someone help me  LOL 

#4 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:40 PM

pegi beat me   lol

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

My photographic memory rarely fails me, even tho I am at home I can see the page in the Whirlpool book from 20 years ago and also see the back of the washers that were in our shop,  lined up all in a row, waiting for us to bring them back to life replacing trannys and control magnets, motors and tub grommets  Pumps and snubber pads.  If I had a $ for every time I had to tell my employees where the wires went after I told them the week before I could retire....LOL 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:03 PM

LOL thats the best      .... I tell ya those belt drive are really outta mind now .... and to be honest since the direct drive Im happy  .....  

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:47 AM

Seriously if I was in the market for a used washer it would be a most recent available Whirlpool belt drive that had been all gone thru, it would still out last a DirectDrive - only problem in 10-20years when it did really start breaking down again there probably would be hardly any chance of finding parts.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics