Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

A non-tragic A&E ending

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bfrederi

bfrederi

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:12 AM

Konichiwa.

Honor demands that this unworthy consumer and apprentice acknowledge and proclaim skills and efforts provided from a most unexpected quarter: an A&E Factory Service tech.

Horror stories concerning these rogues abound throughout the countryside, and I anticipated his arrival with much dread.  At the appointed time, I hid my wife in the cellar and prepared myself for the encounter.

He was not a master, though he was polite and well-groomed. In truth, he was perhaps something of a swell-headed student with more pride than his experience warranted. Yet still, he honored me by listening to my tale of Maytag MDB7100AWQ dish washer woes, and respected my opinions and observations without dismissing them out of hand. The worst that can be said is that English was not his native tongue, and that he accidentally alarmed my neighbors by first going to the wrong house.

After this ignominious start, however, he redeemed himself with his actions and his passable if not remarkable skills.

He opined that the water intake valve was possessed, and indeed it was so. Miraculously, he HAD THE PART WITH HIM, and he SWAPPED IT IN WITHOUT DAMAGING THE OTHER PARTS OF THE MACHINE, OR THE REST OF THE HOUSE.

He completed his task, and rode off less than 40 minutes after arriving. I released my wife from the cellar, showed her the good results of this unlikely hero, and we celebrated by doing a big load that very night. So to speak.

Credit where credit is due. Even within a village of idiots, a man of common sense may occasionally be found.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:51 PM

Glad to hear you had a good experience and no one was harmed!  :D  Can you share with us what the cost of the part and total repair was?  Thanks!
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 bfrederi

bfrederi

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:21 AM

> Can you share with us what the cost of the part and total repair was?

I would if I could but I can't so I won't: we have a GE service contract and were not charged anything for this repair. (GE subcontracted to A&E.)

FWIW, our previous call to GE concerned a Kenmore electric clothes dryer. They sent out a different, smaller, local service company for that call, and those clowns took two months over four visits to get the right part and install it. No charge there, either, but we pumped a lot of quarters into the laundromat dryer over those eight weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics