Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Kung-Foo Fighting

Whirlpool washer fills and empties over and over in wash cycle

7 posts in this topic

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If this is a belt driven washer and it fills and drains while agitating you have a broken flapper in the water pump, would have to replace the pump.   As far as undefined goes, I do not have a clue...

"""Whirlpool washer, model LHA7680W1,fills normally. When it's full it agitates for a brief moment, then it stops and pumps all the water out.It repeats this over and over through the whole wash cycle. The motor IS running and it pumps and spins O.K."""   Ok, was in the heading, not in the body so did not have a clue...The agitate side of the control magnet on the transmission is bad or the yellow wire to the control magnet is broken.   If the right side of the control magnet is out you will need to replace the whole assy. Is attached down on the tranny.

could also be a bad wig wag in certain scenarios   your down to those two

Grasshopper, Control magnet is the same as a wig-wag,  just wig-wag is the funky name for the same part that is the heart of this washer....LOL

YEPPP, Wig-Wag, that was what I was taught when I first started working on appliances 20 years ago by a former Sears Tech.

Pegi - Do you have some type of diagram/instructions on replacing a water pump and/or inspecting it for a broken flapper?

Thanx.:)