Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
e-spice

KitchenAid Dishwasher Noise

4 posts in this topic

Brand:  KitchenAid

Model: KUDM01TJBS0

My girlfriend's five year old dishwasher began making a funny noise.  It's normally extremely quiet - it's hard to tell it's running but now, right after the tub fills up it begins making a slight humming noise.  Almost sounds like a small motorcycle inside it - not a very loud noise but just enough to tell something's not quite right.

I removed the lower sprayer arm, and checked to make sure it wasn't cracked.  All the jets appear to be free of clogs (on both upper and lower arms).  I replaced the sprayer arm put an obstruction in the bottom of the tub to block the lower spray arm from turning and it still makes the noise.

Any idea what I should do next?  I'd like to try to fix it for her but if it's too complicated I'll call a repairman.  Thanks so much for any help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Probably something got down into the pump impellers..

Are those hard to get to/check on that model?

Thanks,

e-spice

Once you get down into the mascerator and clean out all you can then, if it still makes the noises, you'll need to replace the motor pump assembly.