Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Cattledog

Electrolux front load dryer EIED55HIW0 E66 code

3 posts in this topic

Purchased Electrolux clothes washer and dryer last week from large home improvement store.  Store delivered and installed both units on a Sunday.  The washer works fine.  Dryer 3-wire plug wired by installer.  Dryer #1 was plugged in and the "install cycle" was started.  The LED lights and display screen came on.  The dryer clicked 3-4 times then displayed an "E66 call service" code on the screen.  The LED lights, display screen, and interior light still continued to work.  Installer said these units were new to them.  Attempted Electrolux customer service but are closed on weekend.  Dryer #1 went back to the store.

Dryer #2 delivered and installed, won't start and same "E66 call service" code.  Installer calls store and told must be customer's home wiring/outlet plug, dryer left.  I search the internet and learn "E66" Frigidaire/Electrolux code is for thermal limiter trip.  I call Electrolux and they confirm code, refer to check thermal fuse also, but cannot explain why it tripped.  In the meantime, I call an electrician who pulls the outlet plug and checks the 30A circuit breaker and wiring by delivery installer.  Electrician advised plug and outlet is wired correctly and getting the 240V required power for the dryer.  He calls store and tells them problem is with the dryers, not the house.  Dryer #3 is on the way.

My understanding from internet searches of thermal limiters and fuses that they are to protect the dryer from over heating.  No vent blockage and there is adequate air space around the dryer.  How could these parts be tripped or blown if the dryer hasn't even started?  Bad circuitry/boards inside, but on two dryers?  Anyone have clues?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Check with the store to see if they found anything wrong with the other 2 Dryers.

If you could be at the store and have them plug (the next one) into a 3-wire oulet (if they have one)

The tech sheet says the E66 is for gas dryers on the limiter tripping due to high heat, is yours gas or electric?  If it is not a gas dryer to check the wiring...I ssuspect there is something with the wiring to the dryer...two cannot be having the same exact problem out of the box?

ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/Webster/137032700.pdf