Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Performa Dryer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mkaylor

mkaylor

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:01 PM

I have a Maytag Performa Electric Dryer that's about 4 years old. Today while drying a load of cloths it stopped working. The timer doesn't turn, the drum doesn't spin, and the light on the inside of the dryer doesn't come on.

I reset the breakers a couple of times and that did nothing. I then checked the 220V with my meter and there's voltage. I let it set all day and that did nothing as well.

Thanks for the help,
Mike

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:09 PM

Check your 220 line where it connects to the dryer, make sure none of those wires are burnt. If they check alright put your meter on the ohm scale and check the 220 cord from end to end. 

#3 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 12:46 PM

Like Fat man said   check the voltage in the back of the dryer where it connects   ... It is possible its a burnt terminal block and there could even be alot of things like a bad door switch as well .... i dont have a model or a diagram but it sounds off hand you lost one leg of voltage to the dryer somewhere.

#4 Cobra Eater

Cobra Eater

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:36 PM

it sounds like the thermal fuse is burned out. but you gotta check the cord first
:hot:
we had a short timer once Johnny i forget his name, he wore a flack jacket, 2 helmets, and armor plated underwear, didnt do him any good though in Ashau Valley, when you times up your times up.

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:19 PM

The thermo fuse would not kill the light inside of the drum, sounds like you lost voltage to the dryer from the breaker box or our outlet burnt up, or a wire is burnt off of the terminal block where your cord attaches to the dryer. Also check your door switch, this controls both the motor and the light.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 Cobra Eater

Cobra Eater

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

my bad i missed the part about the light being out. sorry for the wrong answer
:hot:
we had a short timer once Johnny i forget his name, he wore a flack jacket, 2 helmets, and armor plated underwear, didnt do him any good though in Ashau Valley, when you times up your times up.

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:50 PM

;)  I had to re-read it a couple of times to catch it also...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#8 MHall

MHall

Unsui

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:32 PM

Sorry...

The thermal fuse is on the neutral, therefore nothing will work if it is burned out. Other messages have alluded to this fact. This is a Norge unit, and not at all the same as a Maytag, label not withstanding.

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics