Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Pat540i

Whirlpool Gas Dryer Fires only on some settings

5 posts in this topic

I had several posts some months ago and I thought I had the problem licked but apparently not.

My Whirlpool Gas Dryer (LGR6634DQ0) wasnt firing for the "timed" dry settings. Lots of clacking, couldnt keep the flame.   I redid the coils but same problem, check for loose connections , operating sensor too, did radiat sensor a few months before that.

Turns out, the clothes dry if I use the "very dry" settings on the dial with the unit checking for moisture.  Strangely enough, the thing fires and stays lit on this side of the dial but not the timed side.

Before I throw any more parts at this thing, do you think its the "dial" itself?

Thanks in advance folks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is it still not drying on the timed dry setting, too?

You got it.    It dries on the moisture sensitive settings but not on the timed settings.

How to make sure its not the timer works for many of the whirlpool dryers  .... I dont have a diagram Im going off memory   but im about 95 % sure on the wiring

Make sure that polarity is correct in the outlet.

Plug the dryer in and set the timer to timed dry  about 40 minutes.

Start your Dryer

SET your meter to read voltage

Take your black lead on your volt meter and stick it on a Nuetral wire at the outlet. (the one thats not a hot leg generally the fat side of a receptacle if its wired right)  DONT MOVE THIS LEAD LEAVE IT THERE

With the red lead on your meter check  the Black (marked on timer as BK) wire at the timer (should have 120v)

Next check the RED Lead coming out of the timer marked ® You should have 120v there 

IF you lost power at any of those two points you have a bad timer.............

Let us know how ya make out .....  

How to make sure its not the timer works for many of the whirlpool dryers  .... I dont have a diagram Im going off memory   but im about 95 % sure on the wiring

Make sure that polarity is correct in the outlet.

Plug the dryer in and set the timer to timed dry  about 40 minutes.

Start your Dryer

SET your meter to read voltage

Take your black lead on your volt meter and stick it on a Nuetral wire at the outlet. (the one thats not a hot leg generally the fat side of a receptacle if its wired right)  DONT MOVE THIS LEAD LEAVE IT THERE

With the red lead on your meter check  the Black (marked on timer as BK) wire at the timer (should have 120v)

Next check the RED Lead coming out of the timer marked ® You should have 120v there 

IF you lost power at any of those two points you have a bad timer.............

Let us know how ya make out .....