Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore (frigidaire) 417.43042200 bearing replacement

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kingold

kingold

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:14 AM

Hi all,
does anybody know where i can get the bearings and seal for this unit?
I have read the posts re: this repair and understand that i can get the rear tub,
but if i'm going to take the time to tear the machine down that far, i'd rather take the extra time and save some $$$.  I'm guessing i can find the bearings around here once i have them in my hand to match up, but that leaves me without a new seal.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

Here's the rear half of the drum with the bearing already installed:

http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=407639

And here be the gasket:

http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=936915

#3 kingold

kingold

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:25 AM

thanks for the quick reply.  However,  I don't think i made myself clear,  I found the
rear half of the tub.  I'm looking for just the bearings and seal to repair the one i have.  one of the threads I read showed the bearings and seal, but i can't seam to find the spot again.  also, the thread was 3 years old, so they may not be available.  tearing the machine down is going to be a pain,  the savings over a new machine is borderline after spending $200 on parts and unimaginable amounts on beer to hold my attention.  if i can get just the bearings and seal, i can probably afford the beer required to do the job.  all the appliance parts places i've tried (sears, repairclinic, and the local outfit) carry the rear half of the tub only.  i can probably find bearings (there are several suppliers around here) but i'm not sure i'll be able to re-use the seal.
thanks again

dave

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:21 PM

Don't even think about trying to re-use the old seal, that's the reason you have bad bearings now, the seal failed!!!!!

If you can find those discussion that explain changing the bearings, you should be able to find some links to the seal also, all that have gone this route has gone to local and internet bearings dealers and have found the bearings and seals as stock sized bearings.

You won't find the bearings and seals from Frigidaire, there only fix is to replace the complete rear tub shell with bearing and seal.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics