Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Repair Forum Server

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:16 AM

:bart: has the server been acting up again (slow) (or is it j-j-j-just me) ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:25 AM

BOTH !!!!.....  LOL  LOL  LOL...:D :runover:  Sorry just too good to resist...hehe
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

It has been annoyingly slow. Especially when trying to post. It's a problem with the MySQL server (the database) and I have a trouble ticket in wth my host. Will let you know what they say (if anything-- they're support is highly mediocre).

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:39 AM

Well, I don't need to tell y'all that this was the weekend from Server Hell with the web host as the gatekeeper. I've submitted about a dozen trouble tickets. They say that the forum load is too big and it's overloading the MySQL server (that's the database that holds all the forum information, including attachments). I show them my MySQL server logs-- which they could have just as easily looked at, had they bothered, but NOOO!-- and they could plainly see that there was absolutely no unusual activity at the forum for the past month.

They've stopped replying to my "support" tickets.

Incompetent AND unresponsive. I rectum I'm just lucky thata way. :grunt:

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:58 AM

One other thing. You'll notice that we lost all of Saturday's posts and many of Friday's. That's cuz all the server problems screwed up the database and it became unstable. So I hadda restore a backup version of the database that didn't have the screwed up parts, which seemed to have gotten really bad on Saturday (if the server responsiveness was any indication of pending failure).

Now the quest for a reliable hosting solution for these forums begins anew. I'm wide open to suggestions!

Sorry for the problems and thanks for your patience and forbearance whilst I do some mud-wrastlin' with this server mess. :barbell:

#6 WI grasshopper

WI grasshopper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:41 AM

The other thing you may or may not know is that anyone who signed up new to the forums (like me) got lost in the system restore.  I signed up again which meant another $5 for your beer fund, but I think I owe you anyway ... because, while I waiting for insight on a dryer problem, I read some old info on washers and fixed the problem we'd been having with really really slooooowwww filling on cold cycles.  As you can probably guess, the filter screen was caked with lime and sediment.  You guys are brilliant.  So, have a cold one on me.  ;)

When I have a little more time, I will re-post about my dryer problem.  I am getting it to work well enough that I got the wash done, but I do still have an issue that probably should get cleared up.

Thanks for making this forum available!

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:50 AM

I remember your Dryer problem...

Disconnect Dryer Vent.

Does it heat in the non-heat mode ? (Heater Element shorted to ground)

Check for good  air-flow

Temperature should cycle somewhere between 135F & 160F with empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat.  (meat thermometer)

If the temperature is higher, then it sounds like your Operating Thermostat is bad.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 WI grasshopper

WI grasshopper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

Hi again... I reposted under the Laundry Repair forum, in case it will help someone else.  Added all the detail to get other readers up to speed. 

Dryer runs with no heat on no heat setting.  Air flow is good and temp is 145-150 on regular heat, timed dry, empty.  If you have other thoughts, maybe post them on the other thread, in case someone else wants to follow along.

Thank you so much!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics