Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bairdzr

Kenmore 90 Series 110.68942892 won't heat up

3 posts in this topic

My Kenmore dryer won't heat up.  I have cleaned out the vent with my shop vac.  The heating coils are getting red hot, but nothing seems to be happening after that.  I have noticed that the coils will turn on and then turn off.  They don't seem to remain illuminated.  Any help would be appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Great, a DOTT dryer with the even heat control board. , could be a lot of things, how long is the element staying on before it shuts off. I assume the motor is running and there is good air flow from the dryer.

First try running the dryer with the vent off completly ...... Just do a load of clothes with no vent on and all and post your findings...  Those dryers are very very touchy when it comes to vents     also drop the blower housing ( where the lint screen goes in  )   when ya drop the front panel this part is normally brown in color and held in by 2 1/4" screws. Vaccuum that out and make sure that the seal for that is also intact and then run that load of laundry.... Do the cycle on time dry NOT auto... and post what ya get .... Those dryer should also not be level   The should be leveled more toward the front so that the clothes rub the front sensor in the dryer when using the auto cycles.

'