Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
chazzey

GE Gas Dryer

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I had just replaced the rear bearing, belt, and puley in GE gas dryer Model# DD5380BCLAD.

The dryer starts and spins (real quit now) but won't fire up. No heat. I can hear the burner or igniter click but still no fire. How would I go about trouble shooting a problem like this?

I would appreciate any and all help given.

Thanks,

Charles

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Assuming it heated before check to make sure all wires are on ok.  If it did not heat before would suspect the coils are bad on top of the gas valve since the valve is clicking. Might want to look and see if your ignitor is coming on first, could have broken this.

Hello all

Charles here....

After checking all the links and the GREAT info. I checked back "under the hood" and found that I had forgot to plug the wiring harness back in on the top rt side of dryer  (go's down to the burner). Plugged it in and WALLA fires up now and works great.

I wanna say thank you all. Pegi, The Samurai Appliance Repair Man and all of you that came to my rescue. The response was fast and very good info. My hats off to you all. This forum is the best!

Thanks agan,

Charles

Cool, thanks for letting us know.....have a good evening....:cool: