LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Broken plastic

volleyball

My Bosch dishwasher has 8 buttons on the front control panel and I could not select anything. So I opened it up and the little tabs that operate the switch all broke off.

Not the button you see but the plastic arms on the control panel board case.

A replacement is out of current budget so I'd like to fix. 

Anyone have a good fix for repairing plastic that is suppose to flex?  Super glue would just not hold up. Any thick adhesive would just be too stiff

The panel is on a  SHU6800 .

This is what it looks like

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=820940&PPStack=1

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a little strip of foil duct tape on each broken off tab to hold it in place and let it flex when pushed.

That foil duct tape is pretty strong and may hold up to many flexes before it breaks, or maybe even just plain duct tape, it would flex better and not have to worry about it breaking at the flex point, (just may not be heavy enough to keep broken tab lined up correctly).

Or how about a little dab of hotglue stick to hold the broken tabs on but still let them flex to push the buttons.

You can buy just the control board cover for like $30. Call Automatic Appliance Parts at 800-323-0270. It really is a bad design, par for the course from these folks.

Archived