Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 old cowboy

old cowboy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:26 PM

Hi I'm seeking great wisdom & knowledge here for I have none...

The Maytag Model #DWU9902AAB Serial #31407407QS was loaded and started.  However, it did not finish at all.  There is water in the bottom but the soap dispensor did not open and the 'pre-wash' soap was washed out but not disolved.  Normally after a load is done there is a 'clean dishes' light that comes on.  We sometime have to gently push on the door to get it to latch and start but that doesn't do any good.  There are no lights on and digital display does not come on.

I have confirmed that power is ok - this machine runs of a wall plug and I've checked the outlet for power.  I suspect it's the door latch switch 'thingy' but I'm not sure and would like advice on how to check it and/or what else should I check and how should i check it.

Thanks in advance for your great wisdom & knowledge!!!

The old cowboy grasshopper:huh:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:57 AM

Howdy Cowboy, You have reched the site of great wisdom and knowlege but your not going to get a whole heck of alot of that from me, but anyway you say you checked for power, but did you check at the junction box where your cord hooks up at? If that's O.K. then remove the interior door panel (yep all those little torx screws) and lift the panel up and that will expose ya to the door latch mechanism that has alittle micro switch attache to it that might be bad. That's enough info fer now, check it out and let us know. Y'all come back now y'here:grr:

#3 old cowboy

old cowboy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:51 AM

:notworthy:
Oh great and wise Fat Man (that’s a name I could use)

Well - (a deep and often wet subject) - I did indeed remove all them screws and opened up the panel and found the door latch mechanism and just like you said it has a little micro switch ‘thingy’ on it but how do I tell if it’s ‘bad’.  It doesn’t look smoked – should I just swap it out?  Is there a way to check it or any of the other ‘stuff’ in there?

Oh as for power – the dishwasher plugs into an outlet socket underneath the sink and that’s where I checked for power.  Is there somewhere else I should check? - faithful cowboy grasshopper

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:12 AM

Need to check it with your ohm meter to see if it is working ok. 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:54 AM

O.K. then, follow the power cord to the junction box (bottom front right side) sometimes them thar wire connectors don't connect to well. As far as that thar little itty bitty micro swtch goes, if it's clicking it might be good, without a ohm meter with can't be reeeal sure:goofus:

#6 old cowboy

old cowboy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:40 PM

Howdy all you great and wise ones.  Well here's the current situation.  I put in a new door latch set with 2 new micro switches.  And I'm :X to report that is still doesn't work.  Per Fat Man's great council and direction I also checked the junken box and everything seems to be tight.  And yes I did remember to plug it back in and make sure the fuse switch was not tripped :? 

So I am back before this assembly of wise and knowledgeable ones to seek more guidence and wisdom.  What else should i check and any recommendations and/or advice is welcomed by me.

At the risk of death or worse:toiletgrab: should I just go buy a new one???

Thanks,

The Old Cowboy (feeling really old today),

#7 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:02 PM

the door latch can adjust  (upper part) with a 5/16 screw ... adjust that so that its pretty tight to close  and try that   good luck

#8 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:53 AM

Hey Cowboy, Check to make sure you have power from the switch to the control panel, then check for power from the control panel to the motor. Power to the control panel and no power out equals bad control panel which equates to about $85.00 part #752117. If you get the part here ,you can return it if that dosn't work, the only place that will take electrical parts back .

#9 old cowboy

old cowboy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:24 PM

OH GREAT & WISE 'FAT MAN' and 'Terminator' and other Samurai,

This old cowboy grasshopper carries upon the wind excellent news - I have been somewhat victorious in my dishwasher conflict.  I did succeed in replacing the door switch and then figured out how to take off the wire cover to check the power at the actual dishwasher.  (Yes, I know you told me to do that first and I thought I had but after looking around some more I realized that the box the power cord went into was really just a cover.  I though it was like a transformer or something.)

Well bottom line the power cord wire that was connected to the black (ground I assume) wire had shorted out (or at least it was all black and yucky).  So I cut off both pieces of wire to a clean section connected them and waaallllaaaa it worked.  

:party:

Embolden with this success I’m also thinking of tackling two other door problems.  First, while the bottom panels where off I discovered that the door leaks a little bit (maybe ¼ cup or less) on one side.  Is it easy to put in a new gasket around the door area and is that all I would need to do?

Second, for a long time now when we open the door we have to rest it on a chair rung because it won’t stay horizontal by it self.  I have looked at the side door spring and assume that is the problem.

Please oh great and wise ‘FAT MAN’ and all ya other Samurai provide unto me knowledge and understanding.

Is proper etiquette to start a new discussion thread for each of these or can I continue here?

#10 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:51 AM

Tried ro reply, won't go through:?

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,926 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:19 AM

[user=16]FatMan[/user] wrote:

Tried ro reply, won't go through:?

Fatman, you mean you were unable to post here in the forum? If so, please lemme know what happened so I can track down the bug.

#12 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:55 AM

You can and should continue with the original thread so all can see what transpired before.  I would start by replacing the door closer do-hickies first so the door will not flop like Beagle ears.  You know this needs to be done, then see if you still have the leak.  It is possible the unit is not true in the cabinet, this will make any dishwasher leak at the corners.  Be sure the unit is level, the door is not cattywopper, adjust the door latch assy as suggested and get the door stop fixed.  Then see if the leak is still there.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics