Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Guest ben_warriner@hotmail.com

Water Dispenser Problem - PLEASE HELP

4 posts in this topic

I have a Kenmore refrigerator that was left when I just moved into my new house. The fridge is probably around 9 or 10 years old. It is a side by side model. For the first couple of months, the water and ice dispensers work fine. Just yesterday, when I tried to dispense water, it spits out a little water and then stops. You can see it drip out for a second or two and then it appears to run out. The ice maker appears to be running fine.

Can someone explain to me how I go about diagnosing and fixing the problem? I need kind of "dumbed down" instructions whereas I am still learning.

Thanks so much.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This is a Whirlpool frig. with the Kenmore name stuck on it.  First thing I would check is the water valve on the back of the box, sounds like the side that feeds the water disp might be going bad.

i am sure it is a stupid question but how to find and access the "water valve" you reference? and once I find it what am I looking for?

It is a blue plastic valve on the back, bottom, right of the frig looking at it from the back, have to pull the frig out and remove the cardboard cover at the bottom, just follow the water line from the house to the frig and it will lead you right to the water valve.