Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Water Dispenser Problem - PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_ben_warriner@hotmail.com_*

Lurker_ben_warriner@hotmail.com_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:22 AM

I have a Kenmore refrigerator that was left when I just moved into my new house. The fridge is probably around 9 or 10 years old. It is a side by side model. For the first couple of months, the water and ice dispensers work fine. Just yesterday, when I tried to dispense water, it spits out a little water and then stops. You can see it drip out for a second or two and then it appears to run out. The ice maker appears to be running fine.

Can someone explain to me how I go about diagnosing and fixing the problem? I need kind of "dumbed down" instructions whereas I am still learning.

Thanks so much.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:28 AM

This is a Whirlpool frig. with the Kenmore name stuck on it.  First thing I would check is the water valve on the back of the box, sounds like the side that feeds the water disp might be going bad.

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Lurker_ben_warriner@hotmail.com_*

Lurker_ben_warriner@hotmail.com_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:55 AM

i am sure it is a stupid question but how to find and access the "water valve" you reference? and once I find it what am I looking for?

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:44 AM

It is a blue plastic valve on the back, bottom, right of the frig looking at it from the back, have to pull the frig out and remove the cardboard cover at the bottom, just follow the water line from the house to the frig and it will lead you right to the water valve.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics