Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Triton Quiet Power III Dishwasher no longer turns on

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jued0001

jued0001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:44 AM

Model: GSD5330D02WW
Serial (if it matters): ZZ716075B

This machine has been fine until now. For normal use, you put in the dishwashing powder, close the cover for it, cloe the door and latch it and it will power up. Now I get nothing. It appears to be on the same fuse as the rest of the kitchen, and everything else has power.

I figure the failure is in one of many spots:
1-at the detergent cover
2-at the door latch

If I can get away without calling a repairman, life would be good. Any suggestions (and thx in advance)?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:34 AM

You need to see if you have voltage at the dishwasher, if there is 120 volts to the unit I would check the door latch switch next.  Do not see how the soap cup would have any bearing on this problem tho.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 jued0001

jued0001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:44 AM

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

You need to see if you have voltage at the dishwasher, if there is 120 volts to the unit I would check the door latch switch next. Do not see how the soap cup would have any bearing on this problem tho.

If memory serves correctly (it may not...), if the soap cup wasn't properly closed, the unit wouldn't power up even if the door was latched (when it was working).

So, do I need to remove the lower most panel on the front to get at what I need to (to check the power)?

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:08 AM

Cool, learn something new every day.  My W.P Gold Tall Tub could not care less if the cup is closed, I just throw the tablets into the bottom of the tub. And the G.E. units we have worked on have not seen this on either, but yours may be different, you will need to get your wiring diagram from out of the bottom right under the unit after you remove the toe panel to see if this det. cup is wired into the controls, would be the first one I had seen so please let me know if this is so. You will be accessing the door latch after taking the inside of the door apart, and to access the wires to the unit will need to remove the toe panel and see if there is 120 volts to the unit where it ties into the dishwasher.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 jued0001

jued0001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:12 AM

Not sure when if I'll get the time to work on it before the weekend, but I will post to let you know what I find.

#6 jued0001

jued0001

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:09 AM

Sorry it took so long to update this, but it didn't get fixed until yesterday.

The problem is that whoever wired my kitchen did a very poor job of doing so. One of the 'protected' outlets (can't remember the name for it, CFI or something) had popped and that cut power to the washer and other outlets in the wall. Once it was reset, power was restored.

And I also checked the detergent door thing - you were right, it worked whether it was closed or not. Not sure what I was smoking to think otherwise.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,817 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:05 PM

D'OH! :headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics