Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Help with replacing belt on Asko Dryer (T700)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EuroApps

EuroApps

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:12 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me some tips on replacing the belt on a T700 Asko Washer. I've popped the top. I removed the screws that hold the backplane to the chassis. The drum appears to be connected to the backplane. It appears that I would be able to remove the entire backplane with drum if it weren't for the electrical connectors that are mounted on the backplane. Do I have to remove the wires or is there an easier way?

THanks much !

Axel

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:01 AM

Heading says dryer, post says washer.  I do not know this brand but here are some diagrams for the belt threading for the dryer, but someone else will have to help you with taking it apart..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:41 AM

Some help on this here. You'll need Adobe (formerly Acrobat) Reader (free here) to read this.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#4 soulrebel

soulrebel

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:04 AM

I ended up undoing all the screws and the necessary wires going into the power box.  Coincidentally the couple of photos i took of the wiring harness failed to capture the position of 2 brown and one white wire?  Any ideas or a pic on that would save me $$$$...  I can't find one anywhere, and I don't think the showroom will let me take apart their washer... thanks

#5 IanBKimball

IanBKimball

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:48 AM

Do you still have the pics? Can you take some more for me?

See my post in "Asko, Dryer, Wiring"

Many thanks for any help

IBK

#6 jeeks99

jeeks99

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for the ASKO dryer belt posts. I replaced my T701 belt without a hitch. I made a tentative appointment for a repair dude to check out the problem, but when they told me it was $80 to show up and $18 for every 15 minutes I was really determined to do the job myself. RepairClinic had my belt (kit) for $23 + shipping. I may splurge on a filet mignon dinner this weekend for all the dough I saved.

Thanks for this great forum.

#7 Clarsair

Clarsair

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:04 PM

Hello to all! Thanks to this great forum, I have successfully repaired my 8-year-old Asko T720 dryer, less than a week after one of the drum rollers disintegrated. I also replaced the belt, the front drum gasket/felt, and a fuse holder that a repairman ruined. The dryer runs like new again and I'm a very happy guy. The pictorial instructions were a big help, right down to telling me which back panel screws to remove. The only thing I would add is that my dryer had a molded plastic cap over the nut at the rear of the drum, that I had to cut away with a box knife. After that, it was smooth sailing.

Best,

Joel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics