Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
srdu7993

GE dryer # DDE7200SBLWW

6 posts in this topic

With the switch at high heat it climbs to 140 then retreats to 120.  Did not remove the thermostats but ohmed them and they seemed together.  Cleaned the heat selector switch too.  No difference.  Would I obtain 120 degrees if the element was broken?

Steve

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The thermostats are rated like 140-20 or 150-30, this means the element(s) shut off at 140* and come back on at 120*,,or shut off at 150* and come back on at 120*.  What is the rating on your thermostat???  This dryer should have 2 elements, if one was  broken not sure you would heat to 140*.  These dryers usually had a 150-155* cycling thermostat under the lint filter for high heat and around 135* for low heat. You might want to see what is stamped on the metal on these thermostats.  If the high heat is rated at around 140-20, this sounds like it is running ok.  But need to see what is on these first.  

Thanks I'll take a look at what they are rated.  The three thermostats I can find are located under the lid near the back up top.  Are there more under the lint trap?

Steve

Reference #'s 274 and 275 are your cycling thermostats, behind the front of the dryer, the ones on the element are hi-limit safetys and would be rated much higher, around 300* or so I believe, but could be going bad causing your dryer to short cycle.

Leadimage.asp?productTypeID=0151200&brandID=0432&modelDesc=DRYER&modelNumber=DDE7200SBLWW&documentID=E2138129&documentTypeID=PLDM&documentClassCode=PV&titleType=CABINET&titleID=00003&

Thanks again.  I'll check those out too.  Is there any easy way to get to them?

Steve

Remove the front of the dryer, they are behind that panel.