Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
chazman05

LG LDS 5811st E1 error code help, and test mode info

41 posts in this topic

[user=43905]chazman05[/user] wrote:

[user=8]denrayr[/user] wrote:
run the diagnostic cycle by pressing rinse+time delay+power switch then press time delay 4 times. this will activate the fill test, the display will read the frequency of the flow meter.....

Will try this later on this afternoon and get back to you.  Thanks, what should the frequency be at 229?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sorry to hijack the thread. Let us know how it goes!

Okay i ran test and it starts counting like stopwatch...The drain pump kicks on around 260.  I will double check it again.  IS that normal or should it just flash up 1 number?

Okay i ran test and it starts counting like stopwatch...The drain pump kicks on around 260.  I will double check it again.  IS that normal or should it just flash up 1 number?

Okay i ran the test mode again, delay button 4 times.  IT starts counting like a stopwatch and it just keeps going i let it go up to 8:00 and it was still ticking away and filling the machine with water and of course pumping water out.   What does this mean? Or am i just dumb and am missing something crucial?

Thanks again for sticking with me through this problem.

Okay i ran the test mode again, delay button 4 times.  IT starts counting like a stopwatch and it just keeps going i let it go up to 8:00 and it was still ticking away and filling the machine with water and of course pumping water out.   What does this mean? Or am i just dumb and am missing something crucial?

Thanks again for sticking with me through this problem.

can you jam the secondary float so it wont trip? i would jam the float then do the test with the door open and see if when the counter gets to 315 the water level is where it should be. the reason you want the door open is so you can stop the test if it looks like the machine is going to overfill and flood.

well either the DW is not getting rid of all the water or there frequnecy meter is not counting right because if i hold the second float to activate drain until no more water will come out then start test the ticker gets to about 2:20 and the dw is full up to the 2nd rim and overflowing that.  IM not sure how much more you can fill it past 2nd rim before it flows over but i stopped there. 

Furthermore if i let the dw fill up to the 2nd rim which is enough to run it (b/c ive added water from a pitcher to that line and then the mahcine runs) i have to manually hold the float mechanism so it will reach that point, once i let go the drain pump kicks of for like 20 seconds and takes the water level below the 1st rim.

What to do next?

Stay with me here please. :?

i would replace the flow meter, have you done that?

no, i order it from repair clinic and the meter is less then 10 but i think i can get the whole air breaker assembly with flow meter plus new floats and micro switches for like 35.  GUess ill do that. 

Will take a few days to get and will post back.

Thanks!

i really think a flow meter will solve your problem. it sounds like the meter is binding and not giving a true reading

Well thanks for the input, i have one ordered.  Will post back once i get it installed.

Thanks for your help!

:D

Finally got it fixed, thanks for everyones help.  I ended up replacing the float assembly unit which also came with a  new flow meter. 00351786.jpg

NOw i dont have to add water or anything. 

Thanks again!

:P

Who do you order your  parts thru ?  Sears..... L.G. ? I do not have a parts house that carries L.G. parts...... I end up purchasing at  list price, no discount............................:shock:

I get them through repair clinic.com  IF you give them your tax id number for your business (appliance repair) they give you 20% off.  They ship fast and i like their site.  ITs not the best but for LG parts its the easiest.    Think that assembly cost me like 35 bucks.

Finally got it fixed, thanks for everyones help.  I ended up replacing the float assembly unit which also came with a  new flow meter. 00351786.jpg

NOw i dont have to add water or anything. 

Thanks again!

:P

excellent! thanks for the follow up, im sure i will run into this issue at some point and its good to know the whole assembly comes as one part.

sometimes there'a also a sears 20% discount code ...

Thanks a lot guys, it helped me a lot!