Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG LDS 5811st E1 error code help, and test mode info

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 chazman05

chazman05

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

[user=8]denrayr[/user] wrote:

again i havent had the pleasure of working on the float assembly yet. when the second float activates is the machine still underfilled?

yeah its actually in the process of filling up, so somes coming in then some goes out.  If i manually keep the switch from activating then it overflows out the top of the float assembly.  I tried switching the micro switches to make sure one of them wasnt bad and they both seem to work fine.  My only logical guess is maybe the flow meter wire which someone mentioned could be bad.  Not really a way to test it so guess i will just order one.  Would love some more help on this one.  Im about ready to give up.  IF anybody is around the San Antonio/New Braunfels area let me know.

anymore input will be appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

run the diagnostic cycle by pressing rinse+time delay+power switch then press time delay 4 times. this will activate the fill test, the display will read the frequency of the flow meter.....
RedRock Appliance Service

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

Serving St George and Southern Utah

#23 chazman05

chazman05

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

run the diagnostic cycle by pressing rinse+time delay+power switch then press time delay 4 times. this will activate the fill test, the display will read the frequency of the flow meter.....

Will try this later on this afternoon and get back to you.  Thanks, what should the frequency be at 229?

#24 toy4x4

toy4x4

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:04 AM

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:

may not be enough water...

is it an E1 or a 1E error ?

LDS5811 Service Manual

Do you have the service manual for the LDF6810BB?

I have the same 1E error problem with my dishwasher.

I also have water coming into the unit but I get 1E errors a lot but not all the time. It also seems to mainly happen at the start of the rinse cycle.

Thanks in advance!

#25 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:02 AM

LDF6810 Service Manual

I don't think gmail will allow a 26MB video file size.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#26 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:20 AM

[user=43905]chazman05[/user] wrote:

Will try this later on this afternoon and get back to you.  Thanks, what should the frequency be at 229?

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

#27 toy4x4

toy4x4

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:21 AM

Sorry to hijack the thread. Let us know how it goes!

#28 chazman05

chazman05

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

Okay i ran test and it starts counting like stopwatch...The drain pump kicks on around 260.  I will double check it again.  IS that normal or should it just flash up 1 number?

#29 chazman05

chazman05

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

Okay i ran test and it starts counting like stopwatch...The drain pump kicks on around 260.  I will double check it again.  IS that normal or should it just flash up 1 number?

Okay i ran the test mode again, delay button 4 times.  IT starts counting like a stopwatch and it just keeps going i let it go up to 8:00 and it was still ticking away and filling the machine with water and of course pumping water out.   What does this mean? Or am i just dumb and am missing something crucial?

Thanks again for sticking with me through this problem.

#30 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

Okay i ran the test mode again, delay button 4 times.  IT starts counting like a stopwatch and it just keeps going i let it go up to 8:00 and it was still ticking away and filling the machine with water and of course pumping water out.   What does this mean? Or am i just dumb and am missing something crucial?

Thanks again for sticking with me through this problem.

can you jam the secondary float so it wont trip? i would jam the float then do the test with the door open and see if when the counter gets to 315 the water level is where it should be. the reason you want the door open is so you can stop the test if it looks like the machine is going to overfill and flood.

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

#31 chazman05

chazman05

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

well either the DW is not getting rid of all the water or there frequnecy meter is not counting right because if i hold the second float to activate drain until no more water will come out then start test the ticker gets to about 2:20 and the dw is full up to the 2nd rim and overflowing that.  IM not sure how much more you can fill it past 2nd rim before it flows over but i stopped there. 

Furthermore if i let the dw fill up to the 2nd rim which is enough to run it (b/c ive added water from a pitcher to that line and then the mahcine runs) i have to manually hold the float mechanism so it will reach that point, once i let go the drain pump kicks of for like 20 seconds and takes the water level below the 1st rim.

What to do next?

Stay with me here please. :?

#32 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

i would replace the flow meter, have you done that?

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

#33 chazman05

chazman05

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

no, i order it from repair clinic and the meter is less then 10 but i think i can get the whole air breaker assembly with flow meter plus new floats and micro switches for like 35.  GUess ill do that. 

Will take a few days to get and will post back.

Thanks!

#34 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

i really think a flow meter will solve your problem. it sounds like the meter is binding and not giving a true reading

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

#35 chazman05

chazman05

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:16 AM

Well thanks for the input, i have one ordered.  Will post back once i get it installed.

Thanks for your help!

:D

#36 chazman05

chazman05

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:23 AM

Finally got it fixed, thanks for everyones help.  I ended up replacing the float assembly unit which also came with a  new flow meter. Posted Image

NOw i dont have to add water or anything. 

Thanks again!
:P

#37 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:50 AM

Who do you order your  parts thru ?  Sears..... L.G. ? I do not have a parts house that carries L.G. parts...... I end up purchasing at  list price, no discount............................:shock:

#38 chazman05

chazman05

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:55 AM

I get them through repair clinic.com  IF you give them your tax id number for your business (appliance repair) they give you 20% off.  They ship fast and i like their site.  ITs not the best but for LG parts its the easiest.    Think that assembly cost me like 35 bucks.

#39 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:44 AM

Finally got it fixed, thanks for everyones help.  I ended up replacing the float assembly unit which also came with a  new flow meter. Posted Image

NOw i dont have to add water or anything. 

Thanks again!
:P

excellent! thanks for the follow up, im sure i will run into this issue at some point and its good to know the whole assembly comes as one part.

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

#40 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

sometimes there'a also a sears 20% discount code ...

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics