Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
gary

Seeking comments on a stove

5 posts in this topic

A person is selling this smooth top kenmore stove. It is second hand, though it has never been used. I've tried to price compare using the Sears web site with marginal success. Sears doesn't list units by the full part number. I'm guessing they use the first five digits after the period, and if so, this stove is probably discontinued. jahjahbinks replied to a post of mine a couple of days ago and he said to avoid the kenmore 665. I don't see 665 anywhere in the model number, so I think I'm good there. What would be a good price for this stove, and which current model is it most like?

Thanks,

Gary

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

665 is made by Whirlpool-- a decent company that makes a decent product for the money.

Does the range work? (hint: if you haven't personally tested it, the answer is "I don't know.")

How much is he asking?

Post the model number here on this range and let us see what you are looking at...

The model number of the range is 911.95582992. And yes, I don't know that it works as I haven't actually turned it on. But, assuming it works, and is new as advertised, is the $275 asking price reasonable?

On pricing of used appliances... Is there a general rule on pricing, e.g., 50% of new value if less than 3 years old?

Gary

Nice looking range, made by Roper and all parts come from G.E. which  make this fall under the high parts prices from G.E.   1/2 if new and nothing is wrong with it sounds reasonable but will be a nightmare if it does not work as you will have no warranty on this unit.