Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

SubZero Model 632/S refrigerator

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bobl

bobl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:22 AM

Apparently when the refrigerator goes into defrost mode the water is not getting into the pan at the bottem of the unit.

I took the pan out and think I replaced it properly, but I still have the situation repeat itself.

any suggestions?

the pan looks like it slides into a V shaped metel rod unit in the back and into a slot in the front.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:37 AM

This is a plugged condensate drain. The drain is located underneath the evaporator. It's probably iced over. Hot salt water will help clear it. Some disassembly required. Batteries not included. Void where prohibited.

#3 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:11 PM

Sub Zero also makes a drain heater for alot of the units.....other ones there is a new floor in the fridge  (models with bottom mount freezers)  and and a drain heater kit  ..... then some alos have heaters for the condensate pans for better evaporation if the leak from on the floor....

#4 bobl

bobl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:22 AM

thanks,
can start to look for it

#5 bobl

bobl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:55 AM

:shock:

realized I never followed up.

the defrost drain line is in the refridge part

the defrost tube was not seating in the drain pan properly

could not just slip the drain pan in, had to be sure the tube was in the pan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics