Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Magtag 300 QuietSeries Dishwasher 2&1/2 yrs old

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 n2themystic

n2themystic

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 04:32 PM

Ok didn't do anything with dw today BUT should I go ahead and order a pump?

Maybe I should just tear down old pump and see if I can fix it?

Ideas?

Michelle

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Southern

Southern

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:51 PM

If you order a new pump without checking if that was the problem then you would be condidered a "parts monkey". Don't take this as an insult, I am just repeating what I have learned reading the words of the Samurai.

Check if your diswasher is under warranty. My Jenn-air has a 5 year warranty, since Jenn-air is a division of Maytag yours may still be under warranty.

Check that your hot water temperature is around 120 - 140 deg. F, if not check your water heater. The water must be hot to dissolve the detergent.

If your hot water temp is good and your dishwasher is out of warranty, it wouldn't hurt to take your pump apart to see if it is plugged with something.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics