Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE PDW9280J00SS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nnicholas

nnicholas

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:58 AM

Need to know how to fix a broken spring for this dishwasher door.  I cannot find a service manual so I could use your assistance.

Thanks,
Nick

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BLTH15

BLTH15

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

it looks like you may have pull the d/w out at least a little. the springs hook to the frame and there are cable links that hook to the door hinge. with the door leaving only 4 inches to work, it would be easier to pull it out, if you have enough play in water,drain and electric lines. look up parts through this site.

#3 nnicholas

nnicholas

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:29 AM

Okay, thanks for the speedy response.  Other than a spring or springs I don't know what to search for.  Is there a photo or a drawing that you know of that I can look at?

thanks again.
Nick

#4 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:41 AM

see searspartsdirect.com for a breakdown... you most likely need new cable assemblies and hinge arm links, not springs. you should replace both sides even if only one side is broken...be sure and order from repairclinic.com to help support the site!
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#5 nnicholas

nnicholas

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

Thanks a bunch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics