Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

DylanConner

Kenmore (WCI) Refrigerator leaks water

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am working on a Kenmore refrigerator model# 25365802506 built by Frigidaire. Water is leaking through the air duct into the food section. i have seen this problem in the past and cannot figure out why it does this. The drain is clear all the way through. Does anyone know if Frigidaire makes a kit to fix this problem? HAs anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Dylan

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

frigidaire has a service bulletin on this problem. you need to remove the control box from inside the refrigerator. the back of the plastic housing is divided into two, the rear being for defrost condensation. water works its way into the front section which is the air duct. all you have to do is make a gasket out of permagum to seal between the two sections.

Cool! I will try this. Sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks.

Also , in my bygone years at sears in the great frozen north , we had a THIN piece of Styrofoam to put in between the freezer section  rear cover and the evaporator. Was supposed to be a little frost build up on the metal cover and drip down into produce section.  Could be , I guess - saw a few with frost build up.

Perfect. Thanks.