Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Dryer doesn't stay on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rycher

rycher

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:39 AM

My Whirlpool Dryer (Model: LEC8858EQ2) doesn't seem to want to stay on unless the start switch is pushed on.
I've tried opening the door and the drum seems to be rotating fine, and heat generation doesn't seem to be a problem. No funny noises either. We did notice a burning smell the last time we held the starter button down.

help would be appreciated! thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:49 PM

Rycher,  it's very possible that your push to start relay has gone bad.  Make sure to check that the harness to the motor is on securely...A bad contact there will give the same sympton as a bad start relay....Ron

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:54 AM

I haven't looked up your model number, but if your model is equipped with the infamous Even Heat control board, this has been the source of many of these problems.

#4 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:30 AM

Not an Even Heat model here - simple Whirlpool electric dryer.

http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/Whirlpool/U0HTZ5AR.gif

Check your PTS relay (item 39), you should be getting power through it when its released - it should "stick" (electrically, not mechanically) when you release the button. You should find a wiring diagram in the console.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics