Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Surprise! IM6 not working

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ice head

ice head

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:56 PM

I have a GE Profile, model 26. I've had it for 1.5 years and has worked like a champ, until about a week ago. I'm not exactly sure when it stopped but I just noticed it.

At any rate here are my symptoms:

- no water flowing to ice cube tray
- green light on, solid. Can turn off/on stays solid.
- water dispenser runs fine, water line pressure is great.

I took the back off the fridge and do notice two power plugs going into the pump that services the water dispenser and the ice line seperately .. not sure what significance that is but I thought it was interesting.

Any tips? Ways to troubleshoot? My ignorant guess is that whatever communicates to the pump to "flow some water in dammit!" is not recognizing that the tray is empty. Total guess, could be a moron for thinking it, please help!!

Thanks!

Ice Head (only a few cubes left)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ice head

ice head

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:25 PM

More info .... took it out of the freezer, took it apart. I do see frozen water in the tray, not MUCH water, but enough to coat the bottom and to have frozen. I'm going to wait for that to thaw ... but while I have it out, any suggestions on things to look for, test?

Thanks again!

#3 ice head

ice head

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:48 PM

More info ... found page detailing how to troubleshoot thermistor ... going to buy an ohm meter (don't have one). Will post back results (if bad, I guess I found the problem!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics