Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Oven Temp Sensor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nev

Nev

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:53 PM

Hi,

I have a Frigidaire Oven Model RE36BNL2.   Today it started beeping with an F2 code without the oven on.  I turned the oven on, and it shut the oven off and beeped and flashed an F3 code.  I understand from reading here it is a faulty temp sensor.   I see where it is inside the stove, but was wondering what is in the rear / what it takes to replace this sensor.  I cannot move the stove since I need help doing so.  I was just wondering if anyone knows once I pull the stove out from the wall what I need to do to replace this sensor.  It looks pretty easy from the inside, 2 bolts, but I'm sure there is something else in the rear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nev

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jahjahbinks

jahjahbinks

idoit / voyer/ anarcist

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:ABSOLUT & GREEN TEA

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:29 PM

it comes out from behind the stove (older models  ) remove the power and remove the back panel it is located where the auto doorlock would be . now keep inmind we at sears were told to lose the plastic connecter and connect the sensor with wire nuts this is from the factory. hell i`m going to post all the service flashes i have !
SHE WHO HAS THE MONEY GETS HIS APPLIANCES REPAIRED

Currently serving EVERYTHING

#3 Nev

Nev

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for the advice.  Here is where I am now with this...I got a new temp sensor and installed it.  Was fairly easy, just had to cut the connector and use cermamic wirenuts to wire it in.  I thought the issue was fixed....

Now, the problem is so intermittent its driving me nuts.  We can cook some days and its fine.  Other days it starts beeping with F3 or F2.  I had the oven running for 3 hours at 550 degrees, no problem.  Today, I had it at 350 for about 20 minutes and it started acting up again.

What could it be now?  I'm afraid it could be a very expensive part now.  Help!

Nev

#4 Nev

Nev

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:57 PM

Well,  I have a decision to make here.  It appears it is the Electronic Oven Control, which for my stove runs close to $250.  I don't know how much my stove cost new or how old it it.  It was here when I bought the house 8 years ago.  My decision is to put the money into this stove, or buy a new one for a few hundred more?  Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics