Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
kelly green

Whirlpool Duet Dryer.....Fried?

6 posts in this topic

I just came back from vacation, and my Whirlpool Duet dryer (model #GEW9200LL1) was beeping. The lights for softer & louder tone were flashing intermittently and it said '51 minutes' left in cycle.

When I left, the dryer was empty, dry, and in working order.

When I came back and opened the dryer door, the inside of the dryer was **wet** - there was even moisture between the panes of glass in the door. Granted, I live in Alabama where humidity is always a problem, but inside my dryer? How did that happen? I'm guessing that this moisture came up from the vent, entered the dryer chamber, and fried the electronics somehow. Does that make sense?

I turned off the breaker to eliminate the beeping, and now the dryer is completely dead - no lights on the panel (although the interior light is working, so I know it's getting juice). Can somebody help?

I bow to your all-knowing. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Its a 50  ... 50 drawing   its either the upper control   or the interface ....      Better off actually making the call....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DO what you can to totally dry out the machine, you could have a bunch of moisture in the user interface. It's possible that it may work if totally dried out. Fans and dehumidifiers would help. Or drag it out side and let it bake in the sun for a day. It's a small chance of getting fixed this way, but you need it dried out anyway, all that moisture will cause problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick, our friend lives in Alabama. In the summertime nothing ever dries out. I mow my grass at 5 in the evening,still has dew from the morning on it. And I live in Tennessee.She needs to turn her  ac down to 60 and leave it there for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like living in a sauna.

Maybe take the top panel off, and the front lower panel. Also leave the door open, and set up a few fans. That moisture has to go.

Nick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick, it is like living in a sauna. Went to the store yesterday,it had just rained. Miserable. I almost wilted like a mess of lettuce with bacon grease poured on it( a southern delicacy). any ways you're right  that moisture has got to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites