Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet Dryer.....Fried?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kelly green

kelly green

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:21 PM

I just came back from vacation, and my Whirlpool Duet dryer (model #GEW9200LL1) was beeping. The lights for softer & louder tone were flashing intermittently and it said '51 minutes' left in cycle.

When I left, the dryer was empty, dry, and in working order.

When I came back and opened the dryer door, the inside of the dryer was **wet** - there was even moisture between the panes of glass in the door. Granted, I live in Alabama where humidity is always a problem, but inside my dryer? How did that happen? I'm guessing that this moisture came up from the vent, entered the dryer chamber, and fried the electronics somehow. Does that make sense?

I turned off the breaker to eliminate the beeping, and now the dryer is completely dead - no lights on the panel (although the interior light is working, so I know it's getting juice). Can somebody help?

I bow to your all-knowing. Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:03 PM

Its a 50  ... 50 drawing   its either the upper control   or the interface ....      Better off actually making the call....  

#3 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:31 AM

DO what you can to totally dry out the machine, you could have a bunch of moisture in the user interface. It's possible that it may work if totally dried out. Fans and dehumidifiers would help. Or drag it out side and let it bake in the sun for a day. It's a small chance of getting fixed this way, but you need it dried out anyway, all that moisture will cause problems.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#4 exsearsguy

exsearsguy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

Nick, our friend lives in Alabama. In the summertime nothing ever dries out. I mow my grass at 5 in the evening,still has dew from the morning on it. And I live in Tennessee.She needs to turn her  ac down to 60 and leave it there for awhile.

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:00 AM

Sounds like living in a sauna.

Maybe take the top panel off, and the front lower panel. Also leave the door open, and set up a few fans. That moisture has to go.

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#6 exsearsguy

exsearsguy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:29 PM

Nick, it is like living in a sauna. Went to the store yesterday,it had just rained. Miserable. I almost wilted like a mess of lettuce with bacon grease poured on it( a southern delicacy). any ways you're right  that moisture has got to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics